This is a reprint from something I wrote in 2005.
There isn’t anyone that will take care of your emotional health for you. In Star Wars nomenclature, the force is with you. So do what you have to do and don’t wait for the perfect moment because that moment will never come. Why not …….
- Extend yourself to the people you want in your life.
- Avoid toxic environmental garbage.
- Go toward the good and away from the bad.
- Go to nature.
- Devote yourself to a cause.
- Savor beautiful moments.
- Take back your time.
- Stop gorging on unnecessary creature comforts.
- Throw out useless junk. Donate things others can use.
- Change jobs if you hate the one you’ve got.
- Be a better parent/spouse/sibling/son or daughter.
- Don’t watch commercials.
- Let yourself cry when you are sad.
- Laugh a lot.
- Count your blessings.
- Live every day like it could be your last.